Based on OSHA regulations, workers who are exposed to high noise levels must be educated on its effects, supplied with hearing protection devices (earplugs or earmuffs) to be worn in noisy environments, and provided with annual hearing tests (audiograms) to measure hearing loss that may develop. Annual audiograms are an important part of a workplace hearing conservation program.
An audiogram is a simple, painless test that measures how well you can hear sounds from a variety of frequencies. It allows a hearing protection specialist to detect early changes in your hearing that can save you from further damage.
Audix can provide several services to each business based on individual desires and goals.
- Audiometric Testing – Hearing tests are conducted in our quiet, air tight sound booths. Manual audiometers are used to provide the most accurate test possible.
- Employee Education – Employees who are exposed to noise levels greater than 85 decibels must have annual training that teaches them why sustained noise can damage their hearing, the purpose of audiometric testing, why they should use hearing protectors, and how to use them properly.
- Data Management – We manage all data including, at no cost to your company, transferring any prior test results into our system.
- Noise Level Survey – Area monitoring can help you determine where it’s too loud, when it’s too loud, whose hearing may be at risk, and the level of hearing protection employees may need.
- Audiologist Report Includes:
- Statistical Summary Review
- List of Employee(s) with a STS 10dB Classification
- Explanation of Audiogram
- Sound Booth’s Decibel Levels
- Technician’s Certification
- Audiometer’s Certification of Calibration
- Absent Employee List
- All Employee Test Results Includes: (Baseline test, previous test, current test, and any previous standard threshold shift)
- Audix, Inc. – Mobile Hearing Testing complies fully with the OSHA Occupational Noise Exposure Standards and will help you establish and maintain a hearing conservation program that works.